If you stare at a phone it will not ring. I know this because this is what I did all day today. After hearing on Friday about some movement with the recent batch of EP submissions, we endured a long weekend of waiting and thought for sure that today we would hear about Kai's emmigration approval. But alas, no such luck. No phone call, no email. Nada. Zippo. Ugh.
Mark & I were very busy over the long holiday weekend preparing for our trip and Kai's arrival. We finished shopping for the gifts we'll be bringing with us to Korea for his foster family, social worker, and agency staff. We bought new luggage. We toddler-proofed outlet covers. We bolted Kai's bookshelf to the wall. We bought more diapers, more clothes, and toy balls (Kai likes to roll balls on the floor). We took care of some things around the house that we know we won't get to do when we get back. I got in a long run -- each time I wonder, will this be the last long run I do before Kai comes home? All the while, we were hoping that Tuesday we'd find out that we're one step closer to our travel call. Well, today that wish didn't come true, but there's always the promise of tomorrow.

1 comment:
If positive thoughts help phone calls come you should get a call soon! We are thinking positively and wishing that call to come. Love, Bubbe
Post a Comment