Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lots of New Things

In recent weeks Kai has been very busy learning lots of new things.  One of his new favorite things to do is go up & down stairs.  He knew how to go up stairs when he came home from Korea in September, but going down (safely) is new:

Going up

Heading back down

Mom says to scoot down on my rear end

She also says to hold onto the railing

Made it, Yay!!!

He's also learning about "open" and "closed":

I love to open the front door and look outside

I like to close the front door too.  I like to do this a million times a day!

Kai started shortened days at school this week.  We're transitioning him very slowly so right now he's only going in the mornings and is coming home before noon so he can continue to eat lunch at home with me.  Soon we'll be leaving him at school for lunchtime, and then after that we'll leave him long enough that he'll take his nap there.  I'll be ramping back up at work starting next week by doing a few hours here and there while Kai is at school.  Then soon enough I'll be back to work regularly and Kai will be at school for full days.  On his first day of class yesterday he did his first art project:

My first sponge-painting masterpiece, a Christmas tree!  The big glob on the bottom is where I used a brush.

And here are a few other new things that Kai's been up to:

Checking out the newly-gated backyard -- hey, I'm trapped!

Enjoying my first PB&J sandwich


Sitting on a rocking horse for the first time at Aunt Kate's house


My first downward dog
Namaste!

3 comments:

Grams said...

I LOVE seeing all the new things Kai is doing and learning! Favorite thing one: Christmas tree art work! Favorite thing two: down dog....by the time grams comes to visit he'll be ready for all the variations!
XOXOXXX

Megan said...

Love reading all your updates! He is so cute. I can't believe it is already time for you to transition back to work.

Kala said...

The stairs always freak this Mama out. It looks like he has it mastered. Loving the pictures!