Hello and welcome! I am starting this blog to document our adoption process and to have an outlet while we wait to bring our son Kai home from South Korea. The plan is for it to eventually become a journal and photo album of our life as a family of three. Mark and I aren't on Facebook, and we realized that we've been doing a lousy job of keeping people informed about our adoption process. So I thought, "We should blog!!!" So here I go.
We are currently Waiting for Kai. It's difficult to explain this state, but it has become a somewhat consuming part of our identity. It's a hard way to be, and I'm not very good at it. Mark is better at it than me. I can wait patiently for the light to turn green, or for Christmas, or for the next Twilight movie. But I'm not very good at waiting to bring my son home from the other side of the world. The waiting hurts my heart a little bit. And on some days it hurts a lot. But of course there is so much joy, too. There is a happiness in my heart that becomes more deeply rooted every day. This joy is simply Kai -- who he is, who he will become, and how lucky I am to be a part of his life.
Kai is currently in the care of a very dedicated foster family in Seoul. He is loved by them and that is a huge comfort to Mark & me. Time is passing so quickly for them as it passes so slowly for us. And when the wait is finally over, our gain will be their loss. And Kai will lose the only family and home he has ever known. It is one of the many parts of adoption that is both beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.
But we are so anxious to bring our little boy home! And now I will end this first post with what everyone really came here to see, which is a picture of our little cutie pie:
Don't you just want to squeeze him??!!

2 comments:
Kai you are too Cute ! We Love you So much ! Aunt Kate , Uncle MIke and Cousin Lily
I just want to eat him up - he is so adorable! Theresa
Post a Comment