The crowning glory of the room is the President’s Special train, and here you can see how it looks from the doorway, proudly displayed on its mantel shelf. This replica train is “standard gauge” size, which is very rare today but was common in the 1930’s (when my Dad was a kid). So it’s much bigger than most toy trains you see today (hence the need for the fireplace mantel). I think it looks pretty good up there, though!
Many of the items in Kai’s room were given to him by friends and family. The peg rack on the wall is the first gift we ever received for his room. It was given to him by his Grandma Donna and is railroad-themed of course!
This chair was in my parents’ living room for years, and I have many memories of my Dad sitting in it. Mark & I had it reupholstered so we could use it in Kai’s room, and then later will move it to our own bedroom. The stuffed animal sitting on the chair is my favorite Paddington from my childhood. Glad I saved it all these years!
The crib was a gift from Kai’s Grandpop Hugh & Bubbe Terri. It will turn into his bed later on. You can also see Kai’s beanbag chair, where we hope to have many hours of fun reading all of the wonderful books people have given him. I wonder if he’ll be a bookworm like me?
From Kai’s book collection, this one is my personal favorite:
And of course, any son of Mark’s has to have the appropriate gear:
Now all we need for the room is... Kai!!!




4 comments:
WOnderful room!
We still do not know what we are doing for Miss Emi! Kai's looks great. He is well loved.
Wow. The room looks really great! We missed all 3 of you this weekend. Hopefully next year you will all make it to The Lake Caroline Weekend. We were all thinking of you. His 12 month photo is so cute and I can not wait to give him a hug in person. Love, Bubbe
Hi!!
I'm glad you found my blog...I LOVE the room!! Looks great. I hope you have him in your arms soon, the wait is so incredibly hard. He is a cutie by the way!
Thanks for following my journey..I look forward to following yours too!
Emily
His room looks great, Tomi!! Looks like it came straight of a Pottery Barn Kids catalog ;) I wish I had a cool room... Kai is a lucky kid :)
Post a Comment