Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

It's been kind of a rough start to 2012.  Mark had to have hernia surgery right after the new year and took a few weeks to fully recover.  Then the day after the Superbowl I succumbed to the stomach flu and thought I was going to die! A week earlier Kai had also had some kind of stomach bug that caused us to miss the annual Chinese New Year party thrown by our good friends Joe & Yee.  We were extremely bummed to miss it because we'd been looking forward to celebrating the Year of the Dragon and enjoying the huge spread of Chinese food that Yee always prepares.  This year she was also going to include Korean bulgogi so we were even more disappointed to miss all the yumminess.

The good news is that we've all recovered from our ailments.  The bad news is that I'm lacking in pictures for January and February, but I did manage to find a few random shots:


Looking handsome for a family birthday party

Snacking on Superbowl Sunday

Silly dancing to Daddy's iPod

Yesterday Kai's school held their annual Date With Dad.  Mark went to school for about an hour with Kai, and they did some lessons and played in the classroom, ate some snacks, and generally just socialized with the other kids, Dads and teachers.  To prepare for the day, Kai had answered some questions about his Dad that went something like this: 

What is Daddy's name?  Daddy
How old is Daddy?  3
What is Daddy's favorite food?  french toast
What do you like to do with Daddy?  Go outside and see the animals

Later in the day the kids exchanged Valentine's.  Kai didn't seem too impressed by this, but I had tons of fun looking at all of the valentines later that night -- reminded me of elementary school!


Kai & Daddy

Giving Mommy a rose

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Grams said...

Pure deliciousness!