Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Tea Party

Last Friday Kai's teacher held a tea party for the moms, hosted by Kai and his classmates.  There was lots of food and fun, and I received a great Mother's Day gift from Kai -- a big yellow daisy planted in a pot painted with his handprint.  I loved hanging out in the classroom with Kai, seeing how comfortable he is there and how much fun he has with all the lessons and activities around the room, and with his friends.  It reminded me of before I went back to work when I used to spend an hour there with him every morning.  After the party I volunteered, along with one of the other moms, to stay in the classroom for an extra hour with the kids while Kai's teacher attended a luncheon in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week.  I was very happy to give her a well-deserved break as a small gesture of thanks for being such a wonderful teacher and caregiver to Kai. 

Some pictures from our fun day at school:

Enjoying some food

Even though I just ate five minutes ago, I'm ready for a snack!

I love to balance on this thing.  And yes I am now in my spare shirt -- this is what happens when I don't wear my bib during lunch!

My favorite word of the day was Ta-Da!!!

Just making sure you're still watching!

1 comment:

Grams said...

Love seeing Kai having sooooo much fun!!! I really like seeing the space in the school for movement and balance, and how very much Kai is loving his life! XOXOXXX